Before traveling abroad, make sure to:
- GET INFORMED about your destination at Travel Destination Information, and plan for the unexpected at Travel Crisis Alerts.
- GET REQUIRED DOCUMENTS, such as your passport and visas.
- GET ENROLLED in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at step.state.gov to receive security and emergency alerts.
- GET INSURED for medical, evacuation, and other unexpected expenses.
Before traveling, look up your destination at travel.state.gov/destination and write the address/phone number of the U.S. embassy or consulate in that country on a card available on the U.S. Department of State. Carry the card below with you when you go abroad. Contact them for overseas emergencies, or call: Overseas Citizens Services, Washington, D.C.888-407-4747 (toll-free U.S. and Canada)+1 202-501-4444 (from overseas).
U.S. Passport Information: 877-487-2778 or TDD/TT Y 888-874-7793.
For this and other checklist provided by the U.S. Department of State, click this link to visit the website. We also recommend that you follow this link for any updates to this notice posted directly on the Department of State's website.
The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on or are linked to the above page. Inclusion of private groups on this page is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. The order in which names appear has no significance. The Department is not in a position to vouch for the information.
Last Updated by Department of State: July 31, 2018
* The following post was reproduced from an official notice from the U.S. Department of State.*